Christmas specials 35% all products Use Coupon: Christmas35
With everything from Delta-8 taffy to popcorn and gummies available on the market, first-time users and those looking for a change to their normal cannabis consumption might be wondering what works best. But it’s important to understand the compound and its effects before choosing one, so What’s Your Treat has compiled some important considerations for you here!
How Does Delta-8 THC Differ from Other Cannabis Compounds?
Delta-8 THC is one of the hundreds of cannabinoid compounds found in cannabis. But unlike CBD, THC is one of the primary psychoactive compounds in cannabis, meaning it does produce a high whereas CBD doesn’t. However, Delta-8 THC boasts a less strong high, users have reported, than other THC compounds on the market like Delta-9. But we’ll get more into the specific effects below.
What Are the Benefits of Delta-8?
Even though much more research needs to be done to understand the effects of Delta-8 THC, some of the benefits studies and users have mentioned include improved sleep, a boost in appetite, a sense of euphoria, clear-headedness, improved concentration, and increased comfort and relaxation.
The Effects of Delta-8 THC
Although every user is different and has reported a range of different effects from Delta-8 THC, research has shown that consumers describe an all-around mellow effect. However, it’s important to keep in mind that everybody is different, and first-time users will likely experience a more pronounced effect; the type of Delta-8 product that’s consumed and your weight, metabolism, and other factors also influence the effects.
Generally, most users have described experiencing a feeling of euphoria that’s uplifting, and bursts of creativity, energy, and enhanced focus. As mentioned previously, the effects of Delta-8 are generally considered much milder than those of Delta-9 and much stronger than CBD. As always, with any cannabis product or infused edible, it’s important to start with a lower dosage and work your way up to one that you’re comfortable with.
How Long Can Delta-8 THC Last?
Due to many of the factors mentioned above, the length of time Delta-8 THC lasts depends upon each user and the dosage amount. However, there are some common things that will affect the duration of time you feel the effects of Delta-8 such as:
- Medical Conditions You May Have
- Your Average Weight
- Your Average Metabolism
- The Delta-8 Product You Choose
- How Frequently You Use Delta-8
- How Old You Are
- How You Consume Delta-8
- The Dosage Amount You Take
- If It Causes Any Interactions with Medication & Supplements You Take
Can the Delta-8 THC Effects Differ Depending on the Product I Consume?
Just like smoking cannabis flowers will differ from ingesting infused edibles or taking a tincture, the effects of Delta-8 THC certainly do differ depending on the product you choose to take. There are a range of them out there and each boasts different properties. Some of the most popular products and methods of consumption include:
- Topicals (Salves. Tinctures, Creams, etc.): These products are applied directly to your skin, rubbed into it, and absorbed. This method of use doesn’t provide the same sense of euphoria you might feel when ingesting Delta-8 THC or smoking it. However, it will trigger your endocannabinoid system’s receptors and has been found by users to provide relief from aches and pains.
- Inhaling Delta-8 (Smoking or Vaping): The effects of inhaling Delta-8 can be very distinct and are reportedly felt within anywhere between 10-15 minutes. Depending on the dosage, they can last anywhere from 2.5-5 hours.
- Taking Delta-8 Sublingually: This is when you take the cannabis compound by absorbing it on, or under, your tongue through the mouth’s mucous membranes. Often, this method also takes effect quicker, and users have said they often feel the effects within 10-30 minutes.
- Ingesting Infused Edibles: Delta-8 gummies and other edibles made from the compound like brownies or cookies are ingested orally. Soft gel tablets, oils, and even concentrates included in drinks are also available, along with many more products. Ingesting Delta-8 takes longer to feel its effects, according to studies and users, because the edible needs to be broken down and digested before the THC compound enters your bloodstream (approx. 30-90 minutes) and can last upwards of eight hours.
How Do I Choose the Right Delta-8 Dosage For Me?
As mentioned briefly above, since the body reacts to THC consumption in a variety of different ways, finding the right dosage will be largely based on your personal preferences and tolerance. Taking a small amount to see how you feel and then working your way up in increments to a comfortable dosage is recommended.
Try starting out at a dosage of 10mg of Delta-8, then after a few hours see how you feel and take more if you feel the need until you reach a comfortable dosage. In the meantime, avoid doing anything strenuous, like driving or operating machinery, and relax and pay close attention to how your body reacts to the THC compound.
Before you go, we wanted to share a few final thoughts on Delta-8, its uses, and effects. According to many studies and users, although Delta-8 sits in between CBD and Delta-9 THC in terms of strength, the length of time you feel its effects is generally the same as any cannabis edible, often lasting at least several hours.
Where Can I Find Delta-8 THC Products?
What’s Your Treat carries a variety of Delta-8 THC products of the highest quality. Our Delta-8 Taffy tastes just like the real thing and brings to mind strolling along the Atlantic City boardwalk. Additionally, it comes in a wide range of flavors including lemon, strawberry, green apple, and blue raspberry, each container infused with 600mg of Delta-8 THC.